Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division
The Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division
(D&C) is comprised of the Utility Systems' various field
operations work units.
The Water Distribution side of this division has three
- Water Installation—Installation of residential
water service lines and water meters.
- Water Preventative Maintenance—Maintenance and
repair water of meters, water valves, fire hydrants, air
release valves, and all other appurtenances that comprise
the water distribution system.
- Meter Reader—Water meter reading (manual and
radio) and water meter account work orders consisting of
re-reads, leak checks, new customer account meter turn-ons,
and delinquent account shut-offs.
The Wastewater Collection group is subdivided into four work
- Sewer Installation—Installation of sewer service
lines, Septic Tank Effluent Pump (STEP) systems and grinder
- Sewer Preventive Maintenance—Maintenance and
repair of sewer mains, sewer valves, air release valves,
residential STEP and grinder systems, and all other
appurtenances that comprise the collection system.
- Lift Station—Repairs, preventative maintenance,
and rehabilitations of all city-owned lift stations and
commercial grinder systems.
- Inflow and Infiltration—Gravity sewer main
inspections and cleaning, point repairs, and manhole
Notable & newsworthy
Utility Systems creates PSA warning against flushing wipes
Be careful what you flush! Port St. Lucie Utility Systems asks that you not flush wipes of any kind. Even the so-called "flushable wipes" will create a backup in both low pressure grinder systems and gravity systems. Watch video